The Subject Way
Firstly, to teach students the vital skills they need to achieve their full potential and gain the very best grades they can. Secondly, to teach students how each subject relates to the wider world, incorporating the life skills they will learn.
It is our belief that knowing how what you learn links to the wider world brings a subject to life and therefore improves overall understanding and engagement.
Why study ICT/Media?
THIS COURSE APPEALS TO STUDENTS WHO ARE INTERESTED IN MEDIA DESIGN OF BUSINESS PRODUCTS SUCH AS BOOK COVERS.
You will not be designing products of your choice, the products will be in response to a client brief. The course allows a more hands on approach to learning and will enhance the knowledge of students with regards to the digital media sector.
What will I learn about?
Lessons will involve a mixture of computer-based and written work.
- Understanding Client briefs (Purpose and Audience)
- Mind Maps, Word plans and storyboarding
- Practical development of skills using professional software for a variety of media products
As the course continues into Year 10 you will go on to study further units of work including:
- Video Manipulation – You will respond to a client brief where you will have to meet a set criteria in the planning, creation and evaluation of your
- Digital Graphics – You will respond to a client brief where you will have to meet a set criteria in the planning, creation and evaluation of your
- Examined Unit – Purpose and audience, Storyboards, Work plans, Moodboards, File types, Compression and Suitability of file
- Website Development – You will respond to a client brief where you will have to meet a set criteria in the planning, creation and evaluation of your website.
How will I be assessed?
Throughout your time on the course you will have practical and written work assessed at different intervals, you will cover 4 different units at GCSE level.
You will be examined at the end of the course through a written exam for one of the units and practical work will also be assessed for the other 3 units of study.
What do employers think about the subject?
Increasingly, employers are asking for a qualification and/or experience in ICT/IMEDIA.
As the proportion of people working in small businesses or who are self-employed continues to grow, being a confident and able user of computer technology makes you increasingly employable
Our Subjects at KS4