Welcome to CCS Careers Advice and Support.
The Careers Office is based near the Library and is staffed by Miss Baldwin, the School’s Careers Co-ordinator. Through the Careers Office, we can offer you a range of opportunities to plan and research your future study/employment options.
Mrs K Baldwin
Careers and Post-16 Transition Coordinator
Mrs J Webster
Latest Careers News
At Clifton Community School, our Careers programme has the Gatsby Benchmarks at its centre.
The Gatsby Benchmarks are a framework of 8 guidelines that define the best careers provision in schools and colleges.
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
- Activity is evaluated by students on an individual basis.
- Overall provision and ideas for improvement are tabled and discussed as agenda items at Student Council.
- Provision is assessed against the national Gatsby Benchmarks and areas for development are identified.
- Careers and employability provision is also informed through annual individual student surveys asking respondents to identify areas of interest and support needed – this information is then used to support individuals and plan provisions such as trips to specific places of learning or employment.
- Provision is also informed through the sharing of good practice through local careers network meetings, the enterprise adviser network that the school is a part of and the professional development of the Careers Leader.