Our published Admission Number (PAN) is 250.

All parents/carers have a right to express a preference for any school for their child. The Local Authority enables parents/carers to apply for up to three schools. Information about each school is given in the school’s prospectus annually, which are available directly from each school. Alternatively, information can be gained from the individual school websites.

Parents/carers will receive a booklet setting out the Local Authority’s policy for admissions of children to secondary schools in July, as their child leaves Year 5 in Primary School. This booklet explains the procedure for expressing a preference(s). The relevant forms can be found in this booklet. You can also apply online through the Rotherham Council website.

Any application received after the closing date will be considered as a late application and you will be far less likely to obtain a place at your preferred school.

If you wish to apply for a place at a Rotherham school, you will need to complete the appropriate form and return it to the School Admissions Team (see address below) by the required date.
School Admissions Team
Riverside House
Main Street
S60 1AE
Telephone: 01709 823777

The Local Authority deals with all admissions to schools within Rotherham. Clifton Community School cannot allocate a place to a particular child.

Transferring school during the school year

In all circumstances when a child is currently in school, it is advised that parents/carers contact their child’s current Headteacher to inform them of their intention to apply for another school place. You can submit your application by completion of the Common Application Form (Transfers).

  • If your child is moving to Rotherham from an address within England and you are applying for a place in advance of that move, you should contact the Local Authority where you currently live in the first instance.
  • If you are moving within Rotherham you need to indicate your anticipated new address and the proposed date of your move.
  • If you are moving to another Local Authority you can apply for a school place through Rotherham’s school admission team in advance of your move but you may also wish to discuss the availability of places with the admissions team in the new Local Authority.
  • If you are not moving but wish your child to transfer school you will need to complete the Common Application Form but this must be handed back to the Headteacher of your child’s current school for completion of section two before you return it.
  • You should not apply directly to your preferred school, completed application forms should be returned to the School Admission team
  • If your application is refused you will be offered a right of appeal to an independent appeal panel.