Top 5 Tips for Saving Water
- Take shorter showers to save water and energy. Cutting your shower time by 5 minutes will save 25 gallons of water.
- Check your sinks and pipes ofter for leaks and turn off taps when they are not in use.
- If boiling pasta or rice, use the leftover water on plants as the nutrients are beneficial to the plants and it saves using tap water.
- Collect rainwater in a water butt then use it on your plants to save using tap water.
- Use a bowl in the sink when washing fruits and vegetables instead of running them under the tap.